Finding an ideal Homemate couldn’t be easier with our national database. All you have to do is follow these 5 easy steps.
1. Register & Create Profile
- Ensure your premises are suitable for a Homemate - see section 10 of Safeguarding
- Fill out registration page and profile
- Search potential Homemates available in your area
2. ID & Background Checks
- Pass ID verification check to unlock smart search and view full profiles. Cost is £20. (Verification appears on menu bar once you register). See Safeguarding for full details.
- A ‘pass’ is a green ID icon on your profile, grey is for ‘still pending’. For your security you can only connect with Homemates who’ve passed.
3. Search & Subscribe to Connect
- Search by personality, shared interests, if someone has a DBS certificate or is Covid vaccinated etc. Create shortlist (stored under your ‘Profile’.)
- Choose a subscription package to be able to connect. There are 3 options starting from £45 for 1 month. See Pricing for full details.
4. Interview, Decide & Sign a Contract
- Make further background checks including DBS Certificates, legal residency, and references. See Safeguarding for full guidelines.
- Organise an online interview, and follow up with interview in person.
- Agree a fee of between £58-£81 per week (£250-£350 per month).
- Agree the activity details of the homeshare.
- Use our free contract template to help tailor it.
5. Make Admin Changes
- Carry out any necessary health and safety checks.
- Amend your Council Tax to include your Homemate.
- Notify your home insurer that you are taking in a lodger.
See section 10 in Safeguarding for full checklist.